Our Journey to El Salvador

Our Journey to El Salvador

Saturday, December 23, 2017

A Christmas Wish

 Merry Christmas to All!

   We pray that you are doing well and that the Lord continues to  bless your family with peace and good health. We are happy to have you as our prayer and financial partner, and we are happy to share our unforgettable journey to El Salvador with you.

   Currently, we are itinerating in the US to raise funds for the next months ahead. While we are here in California, we are also enjoying all the special memories our family is creating with our extended families. 

   For this post , I would like to share a short story that I feel may be an encouragement for anybody who may be feeling hopeless or impatient about a prayer request that has not been answered.  Last July, our youngest daughter, Shiloh, had been wanting a real guitar for her birthday. We bought her a small Doc McStuffins toy guitar, but we could tell that she was not content with the limitations of the toy. She played with it for a little bit, but really continued to ask for the real one because she likes to strum on the strings and pretend that she is a rock star. As parents, we always think that our children constantly change their minds with what they want, and I thought that the guitar phase would be immediately replaced by something else. Surprisingly, the wish has never left her mind even up to these last few days before Christmas. It makes me think how much she has really been dreaming to have this gift, and how she has persistently asked for this without cease. Recently, I have also been helping my mom organize her storage. As I was going through her things, I found a small pink guitar inside one of the boxes. My mom could not remember why she had bought one and who it was for specifically. I asked her if she could give it to Shiloh for Christmas? I felt so excited for my daughter knowing that her dream would soon come true. Now it is wrapped inside a big Christmas bag, and is ready for her to open on Christmas Eve. 

    This story makes me think about the dreams we adults sometimes make, and how we continue to ask and pray to God for our dreams to come true. I was personally encouraged by this story. I look forward to seeing my daughter’s face light up when she opens her present, I am convinced that this is how our Heavenly Father sees us when we come to Him in prayer. Our God is a Good Father, and loves to give His children good gifts. But on top of that, He wants us to partner with Him to ask the desires of our heart, and so that we can receive in confidence knowing how much He truly loves us. This blessed my heart because it is a good reminder for those who have lost hope and forgotten how to dream that we have a Heavenly Father that is waiting for us to come to His presence so we can experience His goodness, and to know that His grace is sufficient for all our needs! 

    We pray that whatever it is that you are hoping and dreaming about for the future of your family will become a reality as your faith continues to increase that nothing is impossible for our Lord and if we continue to seek the Lord with all our hearts, all these things will be added to you! 



Blessings,

Phil, Mia, Selah, and Shiloh

No comments:

Post a Comment